September 21, 2014 in Miscellaneous by Swagnilla Ice
I am trying to decide whether or not to run my music (and the related stuff like merchandise) through my company, Leet Link Enterprises Inc. I am planning on selling any albums I create through the digital marketplace that I’m setting up at Leet Link, and will receive 70% of any sales there. Since in the long run, I’m planning on selling stuff through this site (via WooCommerce), it might be easier if my company handles the sales (and related financial details like taxes, paperwork, etc.) and shipping of physical items. I can arrange for me to get a fair share of the profits, while not having to worry about registering privately for Canada’s Goods and Sales Tax (since my company would handle that) or having to worry about my profits being eaten by shipping costs. Reporting the income then would be a lot easier for me, and it would save me money in the long run.
Let me know what you have to say on this. I would love to know what my fans think on this matter.
September 16, 2014 in Site News by Swagnilla Ice
I have a few plans for the future of this site. They include the following:
- Getting a custom theme made
- Switch the store from an external one (currently powered by Wordans) to a plugin-powered one (I’m thinking WooCommerce as it allows both physical and digital products)
- Add back the Swag Points program with referrals by the myCRED plugin (also it integrates easily with WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and bbPress)
- Remove the Downloads page and the Downloads manager, adding those files to the store as free downloads
- Anything else you guys want to suggest and I can work into the site
Please let me know what you think, and feel free to make suggestions for ideas you want to see here at the site.
Your favorite entertainer,
August 20, 2014 in Charitable Causes by Swagnilla Ice
Hey fans, I have a question for you all: How much can you get me soaked with ice water by donating to ALS?
Let me explain the challenge: I have set up two donation buttons here in the sidebar. All the money raised will go to the ALS Society of Alberta. You have until June 21, 2015 to donate as much money as you can via Paypal or CoinPayments.net – and here’s how the soaking comes in:
- For the first $250 (or at least $100), I will get soaked with one bucket of ice water and the video will be posted to YouTube and embedded here and shared to Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
- For every $500 afterwards, I will get soaked with an additional bucket of ice water (and the video will be posted like above).
- I will take my soaking on June 28th, and before it begins, I will announce how much was raised for ALS.
You can keep track of the total donations (and how many buckets of ice water I’ll have to endure) in the widget!
Good luck! Get me as soaked as you guys and gals can – it’s for a great cause!