September 21, 2014 in Miscellaneous by Swagnilla Ice
I am trying to decide whether or not to run my music (and the related stuff like merchandise) through my company, Leet Link Enterprises Inc. I am planning on selling any albums I create through the digital marketplace that I’m setting up at Leet Link, and will receive 70% of any sales there. Since in the long run, I’m planning on selling stuff through this site (via WooCommerce), it might be easier if my company handles the sales (and related financial details like taxes, paperwork, etc.) and shipping of physical items. I can arrange for me to get a fair share of the profits, while not having to worry about registering privately for Canada’s Goods and Sales Tax (since my company would handle that) or having to worry about my profits being eaten by shipping costs. Reporting the income then would be a lot easier for me, and it would save me money in the long run.
Let me know what you have to say on this. I would love to know what my fans think on this matter.
September 16, 2014 in Site News by Swagnilla Ice
I have a few plans for the future of this site. They include the following:
- Getting a custom theme made
- Switch the store from an external one (currently powered by Wordans) to a plugin-powered one (I’m thinking WooCommerce as it allows both physical and digital products)
- Add back the Swag Points program with referrals by the myCRED plugin (also it integrates easily with WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and bbPress)
- Remove the Downloads page and the Downloads manager, adding those files to the store as free downloads
- Anything else you guys want to suggest and I can work into the site
Please let me know what you think, and feel free to make suggestions for ideas you want to see here at the site.
Your favorite entertainer,